On my local computer, I successfully added a site on my multisite setup with a domain of wordpress1.localhost.com. On this excercise I will be adding wordpress2 hence wordpress2.localhost.com.
Before these steps, configure your hostfile with a wildcard as in “*.localhost.com”:
I use windows pc, and my file is located here:
1. Follow prompts on installing wordpress multisite. On dashboard, Click “Add New”
2. Type in the name of the subdomain as shown here.
3. Visit Dashboard or Edit site
4. Copy the Site Address (URL).
5. Paste on your browser and you should be be able to see the “Hello world!” article.